The style is interesting and so were the quests but I didn't manage to finish it :(
The Mechanical Age
A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
You can't run away in a yacht...
A businessman runs away to his private island.
Arrow keys move ya'
Mouse looks 'round
Click to inspect or interact
A tribute to some of my favorite adventure games past & present for #MystJam.
- Cell phone sound effect by Muk1984
- Cell phone screen by zulubo
- Button images by MazeNL77
- Font used: Slabo by John Hudson
- Rand & Robyn Miller for inspiration
- @S0phieH for organizing Myst Jam
- Nick, Pam, Adam, Ethan, and Jeremy for sitting my couch and yelling suggestions at me as I desperately tried to finish my modeling before the deadline.
(The initial release was rushed to meet the jam submission deadline, so expect some small fixes in the near future. 'Tis the nature of jams)
Download & unzip.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Unfortunately, the game was unplayable because the fps was really low (looked like 5-10 FPS), even on the lowest settings and resolution on my 2 year old top-end mac. It's not very obvious you have to click on the text at the beginning and the selection indicator is a bit subtle, in my opinion. Also, some of the text descriptions were overlapping and were unreadable.
Looks interesting though. I was able to walk around the island for a moment before I got frustrated with the FPS.
I get an error message: "There should be 'MechanicalAgeWindows_Data'
folder next to the executable"